Monday, March 28, 2011

iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys

iQueues taking shape
iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys

You must know the deal by now.

Apple announces a magical new product, fanboys spend weeks getting excited and then queue in their hundreds outside the various Apple Stores up an down the country. And Pocket-lint goes along to ask them....why?

Why, why, why? Why must they have the latest iDevice on launch date, and spend umpteen hours in a packed, sweaty queue for the privilege - when they could have it delivered to their doors a few days (or weeks in the case of the iPad 2) later?

And here's what they said.....

Ali Ahmed, 45, North London - Queuing for 13 hours:


"I like to buy the new stuff coming up. I've got an iPad 1 at home, but I'm gonna buy the iPad 2 and give that to charity.

"There are a lot of features that make it better than the 1. The cameras, the speed - there are a lot of options.

"I saw it on the website and it is a beautiful thing. But you cannot rely on buying online as it's just no good."

Kaz Thomas, 28, Hackney - Queuing for 10 hours:


"As long as I can get the iPad for my son, that's all I care about. He's a mini genius. He wants to be a journalist and the iPad 2 gives him the apps and information that he needs. He watches the news and he's 8.

"I didn't bother trying to buy online. It's pointless - I just came down here."

Andreas Ashiotis, 27, Cyprus (lives in London) - Queuing 10 hours:


"It's all about the hype and the improvements that Apple has brought with the new version and it's a great product.

"Initially when the iPad came out I was a bit sceptical because of the way it was, but I think they've done a lot to improve the second generation one.

"I like the form factor and the fact it's so slim. It also has the camera so I can do video calling with my friends."

Sam Miller, 18, Nottingham - Queuing for 14 hours:


"I was worried about stock shortages. I got the train down. There are nearer Apple Stores but I thought if I travelled down to London on release day and queue early I'd be guaranteed an iPad 2.

"I was going to get the original a few months ago, but I realised I should wait as Apple is predictable with its release cycles

"I wanted to be part of it. This is my first queue. I've seen them on the TV and videos and stuff and it's always looked cool. There's been free drinks and that, but it's been such a long day and it's a bit boring and tedious now."

The fanboy queue was double-fold in Central London for the iPad 2 launch, as the new flagship store at Covent Garden experienced its first major Apple release.

A tip for future iQueue participants - the Covent Garden queue was a lot shorter and more secure. Plus you get to watch the buskers.

A tip for Apple. Stick to the 5pm launches going forward please. Pocket-lint hates getting up early.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/images/dynamic/a5f59f35bbb39e616564f903ebb088ed551c362f.jpg

Tags: Tablets Apple iPad 2

iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys  iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys  iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys  iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys  iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys 

iPad 2 queue: We talk to the waiting fanboys originally appeared on http://www.pocket-lint.com on Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:21:00 +0000

ELECTRONICS FOR IMAGING ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS ELECTRONIC ARTS ECLIPSYS EASTMAN KODAK CO

No comments:

Post a Comment