Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gmail Finally Appeases The Tab Addicts With A Dynamic Unread Count Favicon

I have a confession to make: I'm completely and utterly addicted to browser tabs. It's a sickness. I might have 15 or 20 or more open in each window at any given time. That's why I love Chrome. The ability to pin tabs is a life-saver by way of being a space-saver. But there's always been one big downside. When you pin a tab in Chrome, all you see is the favion. That means you lose the title of the tab itself. Normally, this isn't a big deal, but for apps like Gmail, Twitter, and Tumblr that show unread counts in this area, it's actually an annoyance. As a result, I've had to install extensions just to be able to see when I have new messages. Not anymore.

UNITED ONLINE UNISYS TRIQUINT SEMICONDUCTOR TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LIMITED TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment